adventure starts 3-30-10

I am taking another long trip. I am not completely sure, where i will end up. The only thing i know with some certainty is that i will arrive in Rome Italy, then head up to Assisi. My goal is to walk across to Santiago Spain. I hope to meet some old and new travel friends along the way. I also hope to introspect and gather experience and wisdom to enrich my life. I believe i will end back up in Asia, and once there I will probably do meditation retreats. this blog will document me, as I get all this sorted!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Castiglione del Lago to Montepulciano Stazione (9kms from Montepulciano) via Pozzuolo and Valiano 4-9-10 (day 5)


Castiglione del Lago to Montepulciano Stazione (9kms from Montepulciano)

they had warned of rain, but it never came. I had a simple breakfast of mostly pastries, italians really seem to like their breakfast sweet, my ancient hotel proprietess had definitely warmed to me. The only other breakfast guests were two italian couples almost the same age as she was. She was really sweet to me on my send off..shacking my hand and wishing me a good journey ...and off I went... still walking on blisters... since I was walking inland I noticed an increase in heat... my body had felt the not-quite-well cloudiness when I first woke..a warning sign....the first two hours were a struggle.. I reached a small town Pozzuolo, and went into a drinks shop... I had a lot of water, Gatorade and just in case a red bull energy drink. Surprisingly this place had free wifi so I sat for an hour... did my lunch there and played on the computer. After that refreshing break, I felt much better, feet still hurt but things felt do-able again.. I felt quite cheerful and my pace increased.. I had stopped at a small pharmacy and got these special pads for blisters.. no idea if it would actually help but this also cheered me....they also gave me help finding the best low traffic route to my destination Montepulciano Stazione...

a hardly used road to Valiano, another two hours walking, only having the occational car or more likely tractor pass... feet and pack started to bother so I took another rest... then the final 45 minute walk into town...

this town had the intersection of a real highway A1 which I had to cross to get to hotel..the hotel was a chain that seemed to cater to the highway and had what appeared mostly truckers check in... I rested, then went down to use the free internet which was not wifi... I wrote a lot...the night hotel reception man started paying a lot of attention, I realized after a while that he was hitting on me... this was so unexpected from my experience so far here, that it took me by surprise... he told me I should call him in morning when he got off shift...ick, I went to my room feeling a little invaded...but did sleep like a baby...
TV: learned that Armenia is famous for it's weight lifter olympian statues champions, male and female category..

No comments:

Post a Comment