adventure starts 3-30-10

I am taking another long trip. I am not completely sure, where i will end up. The only thing i know with some certainty is that i will arrive in Rome Italy, then head up to Assisi. My goal is to walk across to Santiago Spain. I hope to meet some old and new travel friends along the way. I also hope to introspect and gather experience and wisdom to enrich my life. I believe i will end back up in Asia, and once there I will probably do meditation retreats. this blog will document me, as I get all this sorted!

Monday, April 12, 2010

Montepulciano Stazione to Montepulciano (proper) day six of walk


Montepulciano Stazione to Montepulciano (proper) a mere 10km walk today...but day six, and my feet are still not happy... also I have a bit of a bad stomach now too.... purifying purifying purifying... weather was wonderful.... the landscape definitely was switching over to more and more wine and olive trees... the whole walk was a slow ascend to to another quaint beautiful town .. I could see it in the distance for about half of the walk then it disappeared as I kept climbing... I was definitely limping most of the first hour...but then I took a break every hour for at least 20 minutes... ..once I got into town I asked info on lodging... I was horrified at the possible prices I might be charged...i though I might have to walk through town and keep going... I tried different alberges but they were either not answering or full and they looked expensive... I passed a lot of wine shops and specialty food shops...leather goods...and cutsyness- hell shops...finally past the main square which had some sort of open air craft market I found the last alberge I had heard of...and to my surprise I got a discounted price for my room, saying only 'what is your cheapest room?'...grateful I took it... some how even though the town was even steeper and it had taken me a good hour to find lodging since i'd arrived.... my un-wellness seemed to have subsided... I was still a little limpy but I felt a surge of better-ness which was completely unjustifiable... I took that chance... and went walking around this amazing little town..sure it was quaint and touristy as they all seem to be if they are of large enough size, and in someways not much different from Assisi, but there was changes in the food smells and the abundance of wine shops.. people seemed even warmer and more easy going here... italy is an easy easy place to travel, as far as the people are concerned...

I had a real meal for a change, not too tired this time... I had spinach ravioli with a local cheese sauce, white beans in garlic sauce, a salad and a taste of local wine..since it seemed to be all the rage here...desert, yes of course, a pretty custard with caramel sauce... I checked out the main church Maria delle Grazie ...and then walked down the old cities inner walls ...checking out two more churches and a small museum which housed everything from roman artifacts to paintings of 1300'th cent. … my appetite seems to have returned I had a slice of mushroom pizza which looked very unimpressive but the crust alone was to die for.. this place seems to attract young cool guys... that seem to visit it in gangs...including this sporty looking motorcycle gang...seeing all these young people in an old town seemed novel to my eyes compared to the other places i'd been so far.. I window shopped and photoed...then back to my room...same ol same ol...laundry wash...oh and a bit of interneting..in the hotel lobby which was wifi zone... I have picked up the next two walking maps in town... one thing I did not realize until about an hour in..is I have now changed provinces... Welcome to Tuscany..

back to italian only tv: 'Bones' in italian

No comments:

Post a Comment