adventure starts 3-30-10

I am taking another long trip. I am not completely sure, where i will end up. The only thing i know with some certainty is that i will arrive in Rome Italy, then head up to Assisi. My goal is to walk across to Santiago Spain. I hope to meet some old and new travel friends along the way. I also hope to introspect and gather experience and wisdom to enrich my life. I believe i will end back up in Asia, and once there I will probably do meditation retreats. this blog will document me, as I get all this sorted!

Sunday, May 23, 2010

5-18-10 Cap-d'Ail to Villefranche-s.-Mer day 44




5-18-10 Cap-d'Ail to Villefranche-s.-Mer day 44

I did not sleep long but I did sleep fairly well... breakfast was over early so I hustled downstairs to make it around 8.30. the irish man and french woman were already outside. She was showing him a photo album and talking about stories of Morocco... it turns out she is a painter, mostly water colors.. and the album contained photos of the paintings she'd made in morocco they seemed very nice... and I got a bit of the story as well making me very curious about the country. She insisted I should go visit it. I am considering heading in that direction after the pilgrimage. The german women came down later and we talked some more about spiritual ideas etc.. she then turned me on to some links and books that she found very inspirational.. she was surprised that I had heard of some of the things.. but I too have been shopping from the spiritual supermarket for a while before I settled on buddhism... and new age stuff is saturating the markets and I def still dip into it sometimes... everyone else was hanging out there for several more days... the fact I was only staying one night seemed odd in this place..but I had to move on... it was kind of hard but I got going.. .first a nice long slow climb up hill then back along the street heading west... I stopped for coffee along the way.. it was a hot day... and I kept craving to stop... first for water than for food then for soda.. it seemed to happen a lot.. I realized I was not feeling all that well.. stomach was a bit off and the heat was making me slow-witted. The road itself was easy … not too crazy heights and there was always a side walk.. I'd been sticking the the coast as a guiding land mark....

and around Bealieu that would be a mistake... I would head into a peninsula called Saint-Jean-Cap-Ferrat... it had a beautiful walk along the coast and again hidden villas behind great walls... ocean was turquoise here... but when I went into the tourist office there, I discovered my mistake... I needed to turn around and walk all the way back to Bealieu and find the road to Nice... well I decided to stop at a cafe and had raspberry torte...


to make myself feel better... then I headed back to the road... Nice still sounded discouragingly far away but I headed towards it.. but I realized I was not well.. light headed, off stomach, no energy... so I did not walk very far at all that day and already in villefrance-s. -Mer I started looking for a room... I got one and settled in.. it's a bit pricier here even for the less polished rooms I tend to get... I found the tourist office and was told which route to take the following day.. according to them Nice was still 15 kms away.. the maps I am using..little ones from tourist offices are not giving me a sense of distance so I dont know how far things are.. but there was again a coastal walk that I could take that would hook me up to a road which would lead to Nice.. I tried to make clear that I was afraid of heights and I wanted to make sure it was not too steep or scary.. I was told not to worry there was plenty of 'protection'..soothed I went on my way and found ingredients for early dinner at a supermarket, which included artichoke hearts cured in oil, and a pepper couscous salad..which was different from what i've been eating.. then back to the room … everything I was doing I seemed to be doing very slowly... it seemed I had probs focusing.. I did my chores and ate some food...my stomach was a little better again.. and then went to sleep... I woke up twice with a fierce sinus head ache... ibuprofen was not really working... but over all I slept deeper than i've had.. I am not sure if I had just over heated the day before or what...

No comments:

Post a Comment