adventure starts 3-30-10

I am taking another long trip. I am not completely sure, where i will end up. The only thing i know with some certainty is that i will arrive in Rome Italy, then head up to Assisi. My goal is to walk across to Santiago Spain. I hope to meet some old and new travel friends along the way. I also hope to introspect and gather experience and wisdom to enrich my life. I believe i will end back up in Asia, and once there I will probably do meditation retreats. this blog will document me, as I get all this sorted!

Monday, May 24, 2010

5-21-10 Cannes Boca to Antheor day 47

5-21-10 Cannes Boca to Antheor day 47

I got out of my room sometime around 9.30 the day's of breakfast included like in italy are gone.. I saw a church two buildings away.. I went in, a priest was just leaving. He spoke only french and yet we determined I was a pilgrim and would I like my credentials stamped? Yes I would! So he took me to the back room and an old lady got the stamper out, he was telling her I was going direction Compestelo. She looked duly impressed. He then left to do his thing and I sat in the church for a while... ..as the day progressed the landscape became more arid..Initially there were a couple of charming towns each with it's own castle.. I stopped at a tourist office and the woman there said that there would be camping ten kms away in Antheor and that would be the first place.. it was still fairly early so I thought i'd do much more than that... but I would realize her ten was more like 20kms I did get there but it took till six thirty in the eve... but for now I stopped and got lunch at a nice bakery and stayed longer than expected because, hey free ambient internet.. the place did brisk business, these bakeries are amazing.. of course breads and such but also pastries and quiches and pizzas and nice looking sandwiches... the shelves and display cases just stuffed to the rims...but I had to move on... eventually …. there was a very long section between Pic de Cap Roux to Antheor with no shops or anything like that ..so I am glad I planned ahead... occasionally there were signs for beach access in french and english.. it even let you know if it was pebble or sand... not big beaches but free... it seems over all there are much more free beaches here... the landscape here is quite beautiful ..there are peppered throughout expensive looking homes and villas...the rock is red and it contrasts .. .with the blue water bellow and the green of the plants around... even in the section without settlements the landscape though dryer was in contrasts of blues above and bellow and red earth hills in the background..also i think there is in the settled areas more public art, sculptures and murals which are quite charming.

Currently my major body complaint... is deep foot soreness so by the time I did arrive in Atheor I was quite foot sore.. the guy at the camp ground stuffed me between some couples with trailers and some young dudes in tents.. I was camping on gravel I had no real barrier against this... they had a little restaurant attached I had Pizza Marguerite for dinner... and updated my diary and such in the restaurant trying to also charge my lap top batteries... I had done laundry before and it would drip dry outside sort of.. morning mist taking away some of the work... the camp ground, despite the crowds, proofed to be very quiet after ten pm... I had connected with the french woman in a site behind me..they had lent me their mallet unprompted as I had issues getting my stakes in through the gravel ground... she tried to talk to me in french I kind of guessed at what she said but I think one thing was had I walked here, yes! And where had I come from? I think I misunderstood one of her questions she prob wanted to know my country...but little connections like this are still nice... plus it made me feel more comfortable camping there... sleeping... at two the dreaded... having to wake up to go to the bathroom...way over there, while here, warm in tent... after that I had probs sleeping... so I was in a semi daze-douse through morning... and I dont even think it was because of the gravel.. I think it might be the increase lately in sugar and caffeine combined...

No comments:

Post a Comment