adventure starts 3-30-10

I am taking another long trip. I am not completely sure, where i will end up. The only thing i know with some certainty is that i will arrive in Rome Italy, then head up to Assisi. My goal is to walk across to Santiago Spain. I hope to meet some old and new travel friends along the way. I also hope to introspect and gather experience and wisdom to enrich my life. I believe i will end back up in Asia, and once there I will probably do meditation retreats. this blog will document me, as I get all this sorted!

Monday, September 6, 2010

7-14-10 Ruesta to Sanguesa day 101

7-14-10 Ruesta to Sanguesa day 101
they have instant coffee and bread for the 'included' breakfast, people are disappointed... the building inside is hot, and I am eager to hit the road, I look at my watch and its 7am, ironically this now feels like a late start....Today, my mind seems calmer than yesterday and it's a relief... I seem to stop negative speculations in their tracks...but I notice I have to watch my mind to make sure it does not slip into old stories like yesterdays ..... I walk first ten kms more or less by myself, I dont meet anyone till after...there is an up-hill stretch and its long.. at this point later starters start passing me... meet the german woman again from the last two nights and we end up spending rest of day together chatting...this slows both of us down, but it is pleasant company... she is from Trier...

it seems like we cover a broad range of topics...like women self esteem in various cultures and women's rights.. ...prematurely sexual girls, (she is a gynecologist so this is part of her work world).. pilgrimage.. prisons..mentally ill... she's talks about body image from clients of different cultures she has a few american clients and is surprised how self conscious they are with a woman doctor..... She, like the german nurses, I met before, is an advocate of as little chemical intervention as possible... she feels we are not allowing kids to be sick anymore...they get antibiotics instead being allowed bed rest..... during mid day we hit town Undues... we meet these two men she's met before they are really cheerful and funny and from Quebec, they were walking just two weeks worth and have finished today...i enjoy them so much i am sad to know its only for a few minutes.... the Spanish man, I have kept running into on the path.. was here, talking to the local old men... he shares Tibetan berries and Moroccan energy food with us... he's done pilgrimage from several Spanish trails.. The rest of the day is a slow walk and lots of blab blah....i have to admit it was totally my pace.. ... it did get hot.. very hot..but over all day was cooler and windier for the first half... in town Sanguesa, the cheap pilgrims auberge was full. I think the woman was a little stressed about not being with the group of pilgrims we'd been staying with in the evenings ...one of the young spanish men who had been our translator used her mobile phone to call a few places for us..they were also full... but the campground still accepted pilgrims...they too had dorm rooms..we walked over to that end of town and had a room to ourselves... I think she felt a bit relegated... I was fine with a less social situation... ..i had let my money run out almost completely but some how I still had enough to pay for the room and to buy ..supermarket dinner.. at the supermarket we ran into some of the group again..they were all cooking together... they had invited us ..but I was okay with a little bit of picnic at our place..the campground dorm had a picnic table out back... were our laundry blew in a strong wind...it looked like rain as well... it was actually so cool from the wind that we were chilly....what a change! We stayed up a bit late, cuz we blabbed more... oh well..

No comments:

Post a Comment