adventure starts 3-30-10

I am taking another long trip. I am not completely sure, where i will end up. The only thing i know with some certainty is that i will arrive in Rome Italy, then head up to Assisi. My goal is to walk across to Santiago Spain. I hope to meet some old and new travel friends along the way. I also hope to introspect and gather experience and wisdom to enrich my life. I believe i will end back up in Asia, and once there I will probably do meditation retreats. this blog will document me, as I get all this sorted!

Monday, September 6, 2010

7-15-10 Sanguesa to Izco day 102

7-15-10 Sanguesa to Izco day 102
My german friend got going by 6.30, I think she was concerned that she would not get a place in the auberge again and she was walking 30kms I was walking more like 20kms today...i would not see her again after this since she was walking the Pilgrimage in 'etapes' or stages and was a day away from ending this leg of the journey... I think she wanted to get a feel for the pilgrimage experience before committing a whole month to it...I did not get going till 7.30 but then I had to stop for coffee at open place... then I atm'ed finally.. I really let money run out to last drop, which is unusual for me..it's one of those things I like to usually fret about.... As I left the town, I walking past a cool closed church..regret again that I was too tired to check it out, the eve before..it even had a gift shop...
The very first bit from this town to next village..I pass a sewage treatment place...i think I can handle most bad smells for short periods of time...but this was pure murder...i dont remember every being so overwhelmed ..... and on tender early morning stomach.... the trail again was open dry looking farm land..interesting though... sun came up fast..but cooling breeze was there for almost the entire walk..

I walk again first 8kms slower than I would like.. I try to steer away from negative thinking something i had been distracted from the day before.... I settled on new age music eventually, and this helped... at one point while on a break, farmer looked at me concerned when he saw me resting in shade. He told me in spanish, where next water source was... at another point, some people had their dog loose... not sure if the barking and jumping at me was friendly puppy stuff, it was a big dog or whether he was being a bit more territorial, i gave him a treat..the owners which I had not at first realized where outside, seemed a bit put- out by me giving their dog a treat.. but I felt if their dog is out loose in the streets and he runs up and barks and jumps at people if they then give him a treat... the owners have not right to be upset... they had a gate they could have kept him behind.....( Humph)
I snack a little at each break, I think I do this as a reward ..food treats for 'x' amount of kms walked..... I dont really have lunch at all anymore... at yet another break, a concerned spanish pilgrim assures me my destination is close... All the concern is great, but i wonder what whether i look like i am in bad shape, or if people dont usually take breaks when they walk, here? I go through fenced areas, they are suppose to hold wild steer..I dont see any...but they are probably all being killed in Paplona right now according to german woman..Paplona is the famous bull run and bull fighting place very close to here... I arrive at Izco around 2.30 - 3.00 I catch the auberge hostess as she is going to lunch, just as I was getting water at the fountain..she calls the bar for me to have someone let me in the place..i have it to myself during the day..shower, laundry, nap..I lay in bed a long time.. ..then at seven the woman comes back, she is very nice but there is no english...she indicates she had come by for me at three but I had been asleep... we do money and credentials ..there is no store in this town, but this auberge has some food I can buy...so I get eggs, tomato, bread for omelet sandwich dinner ... also fruit yogurt and coffee for breakfast.. all pretty is cheap...... I try to read an english book, I find out it's a thriller.. I only read the first 20pages..it is not my genre at all but apparently after many days of no other source of I snack a little at each break, I think I do this as a reward ..food treats for 'x' amount of kms walked..... I dont really have lunch at all anymore... at yet another break,a concerned spanish pilgrim assures me my destination is close... All the concern is great, but i wonder what whether i look like i am in bad shape, or if people dont usually take breaks when they walk, here? I go through fenced areas which are suppose to hold wild steer..but they are probably all being killed in Paplona right now according to german woman..Paplona is the famous bull run and bull fighting place very close to here... I arrive at Izco around 2.30 3 I catch the auberge hostess as she is going to lunch, just as I was getting water at the fountain..she calls the bar for me to have someone let me in the place..i have it to myself during the day..shower, laundry, nap..I lay in bed a long time.. ..then at seven the woman comes back, she is very nice but there is no english...she indicates she had come by for me at three but I had been asleep... we do money and credentials ..there is no store in this town, but this auberge has some food I can buy...so I get eggs, tomato, bread for omelet sandwich dinner ... also fruit yogurt and coffee for breakfast.. all pretty is cheap...... I try to read an english book, I find out it's a thriller.. I only read the first 20pages..it is not my genre at all but apparently after many days of no other source of entertainment... it is something.. i do miss reading on the camino..i never really feel awake after the nap.. and dont feel like writing.. photos are updated... although no other pilgrim came... there are lots of banging doors, because the village seems to use this space as common space... the banging of the door goes on past my bed time...by eleven I lock the back door from the inside.. I am not sure if that is cool but I need sleep...and do...



No comments:

Post a Comment